What would cause Christians to boycott The Walt Disney Company - the maker of some of the most enduring, wholesome, family entertainment products?
The facts in the case against the Magic Kingdom are unchallenged. In recent years Disney has established a record of products, policies and practices that insult the very families to whom it has traditionally ca tered.
At right is a partial list of Disney's anti-family activities.
For more information about why Christian groups such as American Family Association, Southern Baptist Convention, Concerned Women for America, Focus on the Family and others are promoting the Disney boycott and for monthly updates on the progress of the boycott, call toll free 1-888-326-4543, ext 0.
Partial list of Disney brands:
- Walt Disney World
- The Disney Channel
- Disney retail outlets
- Walt Disney brands
- Hollywood Records
- Buena Vista brands
- ABC TV and radio
- A&E TV Network
- Touchstone Pictures
- Lifetime TV Network
- Hollywood Pictures
- Disney Publishing
- Caravan Pictures
- Hyperion Press
- Miramax Films
- Chilton Publications
- Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Chairman Michael Eisner
Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521
- Priest (Miramax) is a pro-homosexual movie which depicts five Catholic priests as dysfunctionals and blames their problems on Church teachings.
- A Disney/ABC TV drama, Nothing Sacred, depicts a negative portrayal of Catholic priesthood.
- The president of Miramax Films, a wholly-owned Disney subsidiary, admitted that his company thrives on racy, often violent promotion for its movies.
- After reading the script to Dogma, a movie that asserts that Christian beliefs are little more than mythology, Miramax principal Harvey Weinstein said, "Love it! We'll release it on Good Friday."
- Other objectionable films from Disney subsidiaries: Chasing Amy (lesbianism), Pulp Fiction (sex, violence), Color of Night (sex), Clerks (graphic language), Chicks in White Satin (lesbianism), Lie Dawn with Dogs (homosexuality), The House of Yes (incest).
- Danzig, an occultic rock band, is signed to a Disney record label. Their music is laced with satanic themes.
- Chairman Michael Eisner and The Walt Disney Company are both donors to People For the American Way, a group whose stated goal is to "monitor and counter the divisive agenda of the Religious Right."
- Disney hired a convicted child molester to direct its movie Powder.
- Disney signed Martin Scorsese, director of The Last Temptation of Christ, Casino, Taxi Driver and other hard-edged films, to a four- year-contract.
- Disney/Miramax originally purchased and intended to distribute Kids, a pornographic movie about early teen sex and drug abuse. Miramax later formed an independent company to distribute the film. It was rated NC-i 7 (formerly X) by the MPAA.
- During the first weekend in lune for the past seven years at the Orlando, Florida, theme park, Disney World has hosted a huge homosexual celebration called "Gay Day at the Magic Kingdom that Walt Built." Patrons, including many families, have no prior warning that the event is taking place.
- Disney company executives, including Chairman Michael Eisner, are on the board of trustees of Hollywood Supports, a powerful homosexual advocacy group whose focus is to promote the gay agenda in the workplace.
- Disney has extended company benefits to live-in partners of homosexual employees. The policy does not cover unmarried heterosexual couples who live together.
- The May, 1995, issue of Buzz magazine reported that a homo sexual rights activist said that she was once told by Disney Chairman Michael Eisner that "as many as 40% of the company's 63,000 employees might be gay!" The cover story also reported that Disney has the "largest lesbian and gay employees organiza tion in the entertainment industry." Buzz named several openly homosexual Disney executives.
- Eisner approved the storyline of the Disney/ABC series Ellen in which the lead character declares that she is a lesbian. Disney! ABC leads the TV networks in the number of prime-time gay characters.
- Disney has advertised in Out, a homosexual magazine.
- Disney-owned Hyperion Press has published at least three books which promote homosexuality, including one aimed at teens.
- Disney/ABC's Relativity has shown what is perhaps the most passionate lesbian kiss so far on network TV.
- Disney helped underwrite a fundraising event for the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, a homosexual activists group.